The Chateaux complex is a well-known and well cared for complex located in the heart of Mt. Crested Butte. It features one of the only outside heated pools in the area with a hot tub and men’s and women’s saunas. There is a free shuttle that runs right through the parking lot to the skier base area (takes about 1 minute) where you can get out and explore the base, or you can get on the free town shuttle to take you to the town of Crested Butte which is about 8 minutes away. Alternatively, you can walk over to the base area and get there in less than 10 minutes
This condo is a 2 bedroom unit on the 3rd floor. Decorated simply and tastefully, it is a wonderful place to call home no matter how long or brief your stay is. The condo has a comfortably open living/dining space with a flatscreen tv and dvd player as well as a wood burning fireplace. Wood is even provided by the HOA! The couch is a sofa bed.
The master bedroom is set up with a king bed and ensuite bathroom and the 2nd bedroom has a set of bunk beds (twin over double) and a separate twin bed (3 beds total in this room). The bunk room also has an ensuite bathroom with a tub/shower combo.
The kitchen is well set up and stocked with dinnerware, cutlery, pots, pans, etc to allow you to cook just about anything.
While the condo does not have a washer and dryer in the unit, if you go to the next floor down you can use the coin operated washer and dryer to do any laundry that you need to.
The pool complex is just a few steps away. This is the closest of the 5 Chateaux buildings to the pool area. In that area you will also find several communal gas grills with propane provided. The pool/hottub is open all winter ski season from Thanksgiving to the last day of the season (typically the first Sunday in April) and then again about the 3rd weekend of June through Labor Day. The hot tub will stay open typically through September and than close towards the end of Sept. If you are coming at a time outside of these dates and wish to confirm whether the pool/hottub are open, please email us. In times when the pool and hot tub are closed (off-season), the grills cannot be accessed.
The condo sleeps 6 people maximum and unfortunately no pets are allowed. The HOA will find $100/day if you bring a pet or bring your bike into any of the buildings, condos or decks. Please leave your bikes in the racks in front of the buildings or on your car.
Guests must be 25 years of age to rent this property. Children with their parent or guardian are always welcome.
Due to HOA restrictions no trailers or RV’s can be parked in the Chateaux parking lot. You will have the ability to park 2 cars in the parking lot. The condo is on the bus route to the ski area and it runs through the complex every 20 minutes in the winter with 2 convenient stops on the property.
Town of Mt CB License #302818
For emergency contact/Local Representative contact information, go to the Town of Mt. Crested Butte website and navigate to the Short-Term Rental page.
Please note that our company does have a separate rental policy that will be emailed to you immediately after booking and this will need to be signed by you. If you wish to see it prior to booking, just send us an email.
1. All authorized vehicles must be properly permitted by Association management prior to parking in the parking area. Permits must be appropriately displayed for easy viewing. Usual display of the permit is attachment to the inside rear view mirror.
2. Not more than two motor vehicles (cars, trucks, and vans only) shall be allowed on the property for each condo unit.
3. No motorized vehicles shall remain parked upon the property unless the same is in good working order and used for actual transportation.
4. No recreational equipment or trailers shall be parked, stored or maintained on the property by any owners, guests, or renters. Temporary parking, not to exceed four days, of such vehicles must be approved by management and be properly permitted.
5. Designated parking areas are the only areas in which parking is permitted. Vehicles parked in non-designated areas may be towed at the owner’s expense.
6. No commercial vehicles and no trucks shall be parked on any road within the Condominium Project except when temporarily engaged in transport to or from a condominium unit. For the purpose of this Rule, a ¾ – ton or smaller vehicle, commonly known as a pickup truck, shall not be deemed to be a commercial vehicle or truck. The exception to this rule is an emergency vehicle meeting the following criteria:
a) Any unit owner required by his or her employer to have an emergency vehicle at his or her residence during designated times AND
b) The vehicle weighs ten thousand pounds or less;
c) The unit owner is a member of a volunteer fire department or an emergency service provider*;
d) The vehicle has an official emblem or visible markings of an emergency service provider; and
e) Parking the vehicle will not obstruct emergency access or interfere with the reasonable needs of the other residents to use the community’s drives and parking.